A Summary of the Science of Being Well
1. Health is perfectly natural functioning, normal living. There is a Principle of Life in the universe; it is the Living Substance, from which all things are made. This Living Substance permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe. In its invisible state it is in and through all forms, and yet all forms are made of it. To illustrate: Suppose that a very fine and highly diffusible aqueous vapor should permeate and penetrate a block of ice. The ice is formed from living water and is living water in form, while the vapor is also living water, unformed, permeating a form made from itself. This illustration will explain how Living Substance permeates all forms made from It. All life comes from It. It is all the life there is.
2. This Universal Substance is a thinking substance, and takes the form of its thought. The thought of a form, held by it, creates the form; and the thought of a motion causes the motion. It cannot help thinking, and so is forever creating. And it must move on toward fuller and more complete expression of itself. This means toward more complete life and more perfect functioning -- and that means toward perfect health.
3. The power of the living substance must always be exerted toward perfect health. It is a force in all things making for perfect functioning.
4. All things are permeated by a power which makes for health.
5. A human being can relate the self to this power, and ally the self with it. We can also separate ourselves from the self in our thoughts.
6. A human being is a form of this Living Substance, and has within us a Principle of Health. This Principle of Health, when in full constructive activity, causes all the involuntary functions of the human body to be perfectly performed.
7. A human being is a thinking substance, permeating a visible body, and the processes of our body are controlled by our thought.
8. When a person thinks only thoughts of perfect health, the internal processes of the body will be those of perfect health. A person's first step toward perfect health must be to form a conception of the self as perfectly healthy and as doing all things in the way and manner of a perfectly healthy person. Having formed this conception, we must relate the self to it in all our thoughts, and sever all thought relations with disease and weakness.
10. If we do this, and think our thoughts of health with positive FAITH, a person will cause the Principle of Health within to become constructively active, and to heal all diseases. We can receive additional power from the universal Principle of Life by faith, and can acquire faith by looking to this Principle of Life with reverent gratitude for the health it gives. If a person will consciously accept the health which is being continually given to us by the Living Substance, and if we will be duly grateful for it, we will develop faith.
11. A person cannot think only thoughts of perfect health unless he or she performs the voluntary functions of life in a perfectly healthy manner. These voluntary functions are eating, drinking, breathing, and sleeping. If a person thinks only thoughts of health, has faith in health, and eats, drinks, breathes, and sleeps in a perfectly healthy way, that person must have perfect health.
12. Health is the result of thinking and acting in a Certain Way, and if a sick person begins to think and act in this Way, the Principle (Source) of Health within will come into constructive activity and heal all diseases within. This Principle (Source) of Health is the same in all, and is related to the Life Principle of the universe. It is able to heal every disease, and will come into activity whenever a person thinks and acts in accordance with the Science of Being Well. Therefore, every person can attain perfect health.
You're welcome to attend...
LIVE Interactive Internet Conferencing about the
Timeless wisdom contained within a practical program for
vibrant health from the forgotten 1910 classic!
Back-up link to LIVE Interactive Internet Conferencing
Interact with other readers....
VERBAL Dialogues with on-line TEXT
for follow-along Reading via
Internet VoIP Conferencing