1. Thought is the only power which can produce tangible riches from the formless substance. The stuff from which all things are made is a substance which thinks, and a thought of form in this substance produces the form.
2. Original substance moves according to its thoughts; every form and process I see in nature is the visible expression of a thought in original substance. As the formless stuff thinks of a form, it takes that form; as it thinks of a motion, it makes that motion. That is the way all things were created. We live in a thought world, which is part of a thought universe. The thought of a moving universe extended throughout formless substance, and the thinking stuff - moving according to that thought - took the form of systems of planets, and maintains that form. Thinking substance takes the form of its thought, and moves according to the thought.
3. Holding the idea of a circling system of suns and worlds, it takes the form of these bodies, and moves them as it thinks. Thinking the form of a slow-growing oak tree, it moves accordingly, and produces the tree, though centuries may be required to do the work. In creating, the formless seems to move according to the lines of motion it has established. In other words, the thought of an oak tree does not cause the instant formation of a full-grown tree, but it does start in motion the forces which will produce the tree, along established lines of growth.
4.Every thought of form, held in thinking substance, causes the creation of the form, but always, or at least generally, along lines of growth and action already established.
5. The thought of a house of a certain construction, if it were impressed upon formless substance, might not cause the instant formation of the house, but it would cause the turning of creative energies already working in trade and commerce into such channels as to result in the speedy building of the house. And if there were no existing channels through which the creative energy could work, then the house would be formed directly from primal substance, without waiting for the slow processes of the organic and inorganic world.
6. No thought of form can be impressed upon original substance without causing the creation of the form.
7. A person is a thinking center and can originate thought. All the forms that a person fashions with our hands must first exist in our thought. A person cannot shape a thing until that person has thought that thing.
8. So far, humankind has confined efforts wholly to the work of human hands, applying manual labor to the world of forms and seeking to change or modify those already existing. As yet few of humankind has thought of trying to cause the creation of new forms by impressing thought upon formless substance.
9. When a person has a thought-form, material is taken from the forms of nature and makes an image of the form which is in the mind. People have, so far, made little or no effort to cooperate with formless intelligence - to work "with the Father." Few individuals have yet dreamed that "I can do what I see the Master Creator doing."
10. Most individuals understand that he or she reshapes and modifies existing forms by manual labor, but few has given attention to the question of whether: "I may produce things from formless substance by communicating my thoughts to it."
11. Conscious Thinkers propose to prove that we may do so - to prove that any man or woman may do so - and to show how. As our first step, we must lay down three fundamental propositions.
12. First, we assert that there is one original formless stuff or substance from which all things are made.
13. All the seemingly many elements are but different presentations of one element. All the many forms found in organic and inorganic nature are but different shapes, made from the same stuff. And this stuff is thinking stuff - a thought held in thinking stuff produces the form of the thought.
14. Thought, in thinking substance, produces shapes. A human being is a thinking center, capable of original thought. If a person can communicate thought to original thinking substance, THAT person can cause the creation, or formation, of the thing thought about. To summarize this:
15. There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.
16. A thought in this substance produces the thing that is imaged by the thought.
17. I can form things in my thought, and, by impressing my thought upon formless substance, cause the thing I think about to be created.
18. It may be asked if these statements can be proved?... Without going into details the answer is: Yes, and done so both by logic and experience.
19. Reasoning back from the phenomena of form and thought, a person can come to one original thinking substance, and reasoning forward from this thinking substance, reason reveals a person's power to cause the formation of the thing a person thinks about. And by experiment, it's found the reasoning to be true. This is the strongest proof.
20. If one person who reads this book gets rich by doing what it tells to do, that is evidence in support of Mr. Wattles' claim. If every person who does what it tells to do gets rich, that is positive proof until someone goes through the process and fails. The theory is true until the process fails, and this process will not fail, for everyone who does exactly what this book tells to do, will get rich.
21. As Mr. Wattles said: People get rich by doing things in a certain way, and in order to do so, people must become able to think in a certain way.
22. A person's way of doing things is the direct result of the way he or she thinks about things.
23. Thus: To do things in the way I desire or aspire to do them, I must acquire the ability to think the certain way that will manifest what I desire. This is the first step toward getting rich. (THIS also applies to BEING and STAYING Rich... there is a CERTAIN WAY of thinking and acting for sustaining.)
24. To think what I desire to think is to think TRUTH, regardless of appearances. - (Truth is FACT gained from applying fully-integrated honesty within integrated thinking and reason.)
25. Every individual has the natural and inherent power to think what he or she desires to think, but it requires far more effort to do so than it does to think the thoughts which are suggested by appearances.
26. To think according to appearances is easy; to think truth regardless of appearances is laborious and requires the expenditure of more power than any other work we are called upon to perform.
27. There is no labor from which most people shrink as they do from that of sustained and consecutive thought. It is the hardest work in the world. This is especially true when fact is contrary to appearances.
28. Every appearance in the visible world tends to produce a corresponding form in the brain which observes it, and this can only be prevented by holding the thought of a TRUTH = (accurate fact).
29. To look upon the appearances of poverty will produce corresponding forms in my own brain, unless I hold to the fact that there is no poverty; there is only abundance.
30. To think health when surrounded by the appearances of disease, or to think riches when in the midst of the appearances of poverty, requires power, but whoever acquires this power becomes a master mind. That person can conquer fate and can have what is desired.
31. This power can only be acquired by getting hold of the basic fact which is behind all appearances, and that fact is that there is one thinking substance from which and by which all things are made.
32. Then we must grasp the fact that every thought held in this substance becomes a form, and that a human being can so impress our thoughts upon it as to cause thoughts to take form and become visible things. When we realize this we lose all doubt and fear, for we know that we can create what we desire to create, we can get what we desire to have, and we can become what we desire to be. As a first step toward getting rich, I must believe the three fundamental statements given previously in this chapter, and in order to emphasize them, I repeat them here:
33. There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.
34. A thought in this substance produces the thing that is imaged by the thought.
35. I can form things in my thought, and, by impressing my thought upon formless substance cause the thing thought about to be created.
36. I must lay aside all other concepts of the universe, and I must dwell upon this until it is fixed in my brain and has become my habitual thought. I read these statements over and over again until every word is fixed upon my memory, and I meditate upon them until I firmly believe what they say. If a doubt comes to me, I cast it aside. I do not listen to arguments against this idea. I do not go to churches or lectures where a contrary concept of things is taught or preached. I do not read magazines or books which teach a different idea. If I get mixed up in my understanding, belief, and faith, all my efforts will be in vain.
37. I do not ask why these things are true, nor speculate as to how they can be true. I simply take them on trust. The science of getting rich begins with the absolute acceptance of this.
NOTE from Darlene Hedrick Sartore: Information in this chapter refer to what I term as: Science Of Energy Transmutation... Mr. Wattles offers some insights into getting to know how to, and actually doing actions that transmute this formeless substance and thinking stuff.... Do I have the willpower and courage to think only life and feel only love - to think ONLY about what IS desired? - Emotions and Thoughts direct my Actions... Just a moment of doubt or fear is enough to invite evil to infect, spread, and destroy goodness, and to wreck all the values achieved so far... The plot of the 2011 science-fiction action movie "Green Lantern" offers information worth encountering in gaining insight into the power of what Wallace Wattles is talking about in this chapter... Surprisingly often encounters with super-power-managing heroic comic-book characters helps the brain grasp reality and connect to its power source - what we often label as "the mind"... We often need a Green Lantern Corps to police our thoughts, and to wear a power ring for granting the use of incredible abilities that are directed by the wearer's own willpower... It is perfectly OK to use Tangible External Aides and Tools to keep brain-generated thoughts focused on desired growth paths and patterns.... Thoughts are also like a team of horses harmonically working together pulling the stage-coach with the passengers and luggage onboard, along the road toward the desired destination.
center> After reading each chapter, DO Practical Genius Session and LifeLab...