The Master Key System
Charles Haanel distributed The Master Key System as weekly lessons.
Reportedly the lessons were first published in book format in 1917
Letter of Transmittal
For many years there has been an endless discussion as to the origin of evil. Theologians have told us that God is Love, and that God is Omnipresent. If this be true, there is no place where God is not. Where, then, is Evil, Satan and Hell? Let us see:
God is Spirit.
Spirit is the Creative Principle of the Universe.
Human Beings are made in the image and likeness of God.
A Human Being is therefore a spiritual being.
The only activity which spirit possesses is the power to think.
Thinking is therefore a creative process.
All form is therefore the result of the thinking process.
The destruction of form must also be a result of the thinking process.
Fictitious representations of form are the result of the creative power of thought, as in Hypnotism.
Apparent representation of form are the result of the creative power of thought, as in Spiritualism.
Invention, organization and constructive work of all kinds are the result of the creative power of thought, as in concentration.
When the creative power of thought is manifested for the benefit of humanity, we call the result good.
When the creative power of thought is manifested in a destructive or evil manner, we call the result evil.
This indicates the origin of both good and evil; they are simply words which have been coined in order to indicate the nature of the result of the thinking or creative process.
Thought necessarily precedes and predetermines action; action precedes and predetermines condition.
Part Twenty will throw more light upon this important subject.
1. The spirit of a thing is that thing; it is necessarily fixed, changeless and eternal. The spirit of me is me; without the spirit I would be nothing. It becomes active through my recognition of it and its possibilities.
2. I may have all the wealth in Christendom, but unless I recognize it and make use of it, it will have no value; so with my spiritual wealth: unless I recognize it and use it, it will have no value. The one and only condition of spiritual power is use or recognition.
3. All great things come through recognition; the scepter of power is consciousness, and thought is its messenger, and this messenger is constantly molding the realities of the invisible world into the conditions and environments of our objective world.
4. Thinking is the true business of life, power is the result. We each are at all times dealing with the magical power of thought and consciousness. What results can I expect so long as I remain oblivious to the power which has been placed within my control?
5. So long as I do this I limit myself to superficial conditions, and make of myself a beast of burden for those who think; those who recognize their power; those who know that unless we are willing to think we shall have to work, and the less we think the more we shall have to work, and the less we shall get for our work.
6. The secret of power is a perfect understanding of the principles, forces, methods and combinations of Mind, and a perfect understanding of our relationship to the Universal Mind. It is well to remember that this principle is unchangeable; if this were not so, it would not be reliable; all principles are changeless.
7. This stability is my opportunity; I am its active attribute, the channel for its activity; the Universal can act only through the individual.
8. When I begin to perceive that the essence of the Universal is within myself -- is me -- I begin to do things; I begin to feel my power; it is the fuel which fires the imagination; which lights the torch of inspiration; which gives vitality to thought; which enables me to connect with all the invisible forces of the Universe. It is this power which will enable me to plan fearlessly, to execute masterfully.
9. But perception will come only in the Silence; this seems to be the condition required for all great purposes. I am a visualizing entity. Imagination is my workshop. It is here that my ideal is to be visualized.
10. As a perfect understanding of the nature of this power is a primary condition for its manifestation, I visualize the entire method over and over again, so that I may use it whenever occasion requires. The infinity of wisdom is to follow the method whereby we may have the inspiration of the omnipotent Universal Mind on demand at any time.
11. We can fail to recognize this world within, and so exclude it from our consciousness, but it will still be the basic fact of all existence; and when we learn to recognize it, not only in ourselves, but in all persons, events, things and circumstances we shall have found the "Kingdom of heaven" which we are told is "within" us.
12. Our failures are a result of the operation of exactly the same principle; the principle is unchangeable; its operation is exact, there is no deviation; if we think lack, limitation, discord, we shall find their fruits on every hand; if we think poverty, unhappiness or disease, the thought messengers will carry the summons as readily as any other kind of thought and the result will be just as certain. If we fear a coming calamity, we shall be able to say with Job, "the thing I feared has come upon me"; if we think unkindly or ignorantly we shall thus attract to ourselves the results of our ignorance.
13. This power of thought, if understood and correctly used, is the greatest labor-saving device ever dreamed of, but if not understood or improperly used, the result will in all probability be disastrous, as we have already seen; by the help of this power we can confidently undertake things that are seemingly impossible, because this power is the secret of all inspiration, all genius.
14. To become inspired means to get out of the beaten path, out of the rut, because extraordinary results require extraordinary means. When we come into a recognition of the Unity of all things and that the source of all power is within, we tap the source of inspiration.
15. Inspiration is the art of imbibing, the art of self-realization; the art of adjusting the individual mind to that of the Universal Mind; the art of attaching the proper mechanism to the source of all power; the art of differentiating the formless into form; the art of becoming a channel for the flow of Infinite Wisdom; the art of visualizing perfection; the art of realizing the omnipresence of Omnipotence.
16. An understanding and appreciation of the fact that the infinite power is omnipresent and is therefore in the infinitely small as well as the infinitely large will enable us to absorb its essence. A further understanding of the fact that this power is spirit and therefore indivisible will enable us to appreciate its presence at all points at the same time.
17. An understanding of these facts, first intellectually and then emotionally, will enable us to drink deeply from this ocean of infinite power. An intellectual understanding will be of no assistance; the emotions must be brought into action; thought without feeling is cold. The required combination is thought and feeling.
18. Inspiration is from within. The Silence is necessary, the senses must be stilled, the muscles relaxed, repose cultivated. When I have thus come into possession of a sense of poise and power, I will be ready to receive the information, or inspiration, or wisdom, which may be necessary for the development of my purpose.
19. Do not confuse these methods with those of the clairvoyant; they have nothing in common. Inspiration is the art of receiving and makes for all that is best in life. My business in life is to understand and command these invisible forces instead of letting them command and rule me. Power implies service; inspiration implies power; to understand and apply the method of inspiration is to become a superperson.
20. We can live more abundantly every time we breathe, if we consciously breathe with that intention. The IF is a very important condition in this case, as the intention governs the attention, and without the attention I can secure only the results which every one else secures. That is, a supply equal to the demand.
21. In order to secure the larger supply my demand must be increased, and as I consciously increase the demand the supply will follow, I will find myself coming into a larger and larger supply of life, energy and vitality.
22. The reason for this is not difficult to understand, but it is another of the vital mysteries of life which does not seem to be generally appreciated. If I make it my own, I will find it one of the great realities of life.
23. We are told that "In Him we live and move and have our being," and we are told that "He" is a Spirit, and again that "He" is Love, so that every time we breathe, we breathe this life, love, and spirit. This is Pranic Energy, or Pranic Ether, we could not exist a moment without it. It is the Cosmic Energy; it is the Life of the Solar Plexus.
24. Every time we breathe we fill our lungs with air and at the same time vitalize our body with this Pranic Ether which is Life itself, so that we have the opportunity of making a conscious connection with All Life, All Intelligence and All Substance.
25. A knowledge of my relation and oneness with this Principle that governs the Universe and the simple method whereby I can consciously identify myself with it gives me a scientific understanding of a law whereby I may free myself from disease, from lack or limitation of any kind; in fact, it enables me to breathe the "breath of life" into my own nostrils.
26. This "breath of life" is a superconscious reality. It is the essence of the "I am." It is pure "Being" or Universal Substance, and our conscious unity with it enables us to localize it, and thus exercise the powers of this creative energy.
27. Thought is creative vibration and the quality of the conditions created will depend upon the quality of our thought, because we cannot express powers which we do not possess. We must "be" before we can "do" and we can "do" only to the extent to which we "are," and so what we do will necessarily coincide with what we "are" and what we are depends upon what we "think."
28. Every time I think I start a train of causation which will create a condition in strict accordance with the quality of the thought which originated it. Thought which is in harmony with the Universal Mind will result in corresponding conditions. Thought which is destructive or discordant will produce corresponding results. I may use thought constructively or destructively, but the immutable law will not allow me to plant a thought of one kind and reap the fruit of another. I am free to use this marvelous creative power as I will, but I must take the consequences.
29. This is the danger from what is called Will Power. There are those who seem to think that by force of will they can coerce this law; that they can sow seed of one kind and by "Will Power" make it bear fruit of another, but the fundamental principle of creative power is in the Universal, and therefore the idea of forcing a compliance with our wishes by the power of the individual will is an inverted conception which may appear to succeed for a while but is eventually doomed to failure - because it antagonizes the very power which it is seeking to use.
30. It is the individual attempting to coerce the Universal, the finite in conflict with the Infinite. Our permanent well being will be best conserved by a conscious cooperation with the continuous forward movement of the Great Whole.
31. For our exercise this week, go into the Silence and concentrate on the fact that "In him we live and move and have our being" is literally and scientifically exact! That I AM because He IS, that if He is Omnipresent He must be in me. That if He is all in all, I must be in Him! That He is Spirit and I am made in "His image and likeness" and that the only difference between His spirit and my spirit is one of degree, that a part must be the same in kind and quality as the whole. When I can realize this clearly I will have found the secret of the creative power of thought, I will have found the origin of both good and evil, I will have found the secret of the wonderful power of concentration, I will have found the key to the solution of every problem whether physical, financial, or environmental.
191. Upon what condition does power depend?
Upon recognition and use.
192. What is recognition?
193. How do we become conscious of power?
194. What then is the true business of life?
Correct scientific thinking.
195. What is correct scientific thinking?
The ability to adjust our thought processes to the will of the Universal. In other words, to cooperate with Natural laws.
196. How is this accomplished?
By securing a perfect understanding of the principles, forces, methods and combinations of mind.
197. What is this Universal Mind?
The basic fact of all existence.
198. What is the cause of all lack, limitation, disease and discord?
It is due to the operation of exactly the same law, the law operates relentlessly and is continually bringing about conditions in correspondence with the thought which originated or created them.
199. What is inspiration?
The art of realizing the omnipresence of Omniscience.
200. Upon what does the conditions with which we meet depend?
Upon the quality of our thought. Because what we do depends upon what we are and what we are depends upon what we think.
Summary of each of the 24 lessons
Impact Overview of The Master Key System
NOTE: The following links open IN a NEW browser window.
Thanks to Anthony Michalski, we AGAIN HAVE access to The Master Key System in a very affordable - EASY TO CARRY ALONG Book Format AND an instant download E-Book and WORKBOOK !!!!! -- When the brain grasps the AWESOME POWER of applying the information within this book and wookbook, there emerges eagerness to invest every spare moment consciously absorbing and applying the wisdom... Regular reading of this book IS the most powerful accurate "Captain Training System" available. -- The captain must KNOW the correct commands to give to the Crew... The Crew must be accurately trained to DO what the Captain commands.
Also available at the above link to Kallisti Publishing is "The Master Key Arcana" and "Mental Chemistry" by Charles F. Haanel along with others Sundry writings about The Master Key System; writings that influenced Haanel, such as Judge Thomas Troward and Henry Drummond; and the rare and never-before published "lost" parts of The Master Key System!
NOTE: Successful person KNOW the "secret" to having ANY Form Of Wealth, is the correct kind and quality of knowledge APPLIED Appropriately = Creation Power Wisdom.... Thus to make it fast and easy to access and acqure Creation Power Wisdom, the Primary Text Books for presenting Science of Success and Universal Laws within Paradise Dynamics, are provided as part of An Ever Better World Internet Academy...