The Master Key System
Charles Haanel distributed The Master Key System as weekly lessons.
Reportedly the lessons were first published in book format in 1917
Letter of Transmittal
In order to grow we must obtain what is necessary for our growth. This is brought about through the Law Of Attraction. This principle is the sole means by which the individual is differentiated from the Universal.
Think for a moment, what would a man be if he were not a husband, father, or brother, if he were not interested in the social, economical, political or religious world. He would be nothing but an abstract theoretical ego. He exists, therefore, only in his relation to the whole, in his relation to other human beings, in his relation to society. This relation constitutes his environment. He exists therefore in his relation to his environment and in no other way.
It is evident, therefore, that the individual is simply the differentiation of the one Universal Mind "which lighteth every human that cometh into the world," and the so-called individuality or personality consists of nothing but the manner in which that individual relates with the whole.
This we call our environment and is brought about by the Law Of Attraction. Part Eighteen, which follows, has something more to say concerning this important law.
1. There is a change in the thought of the world. This change is silently transpiring in our midst, and is more important than any which the world has undergone since the downfall of Paganism.
2. The present revolution in the opinions of all classes of humankind, the highest and most cultured of human beings, as well as those of the laboring class, stands unparalleled in the history of the world.
3. Science has of late made such vast discoveries, has revealed such an infinity of resources, has unveiled such enormous possibilities and such unsuspected forces, that scientific people more and more hesitate to affirm certain theories as established and beyond doubt, or to deny other theories as absurd or impossible.
4. A new civilization is being born; customs, creeds, and precedent are passing; vision, faith and service are taking their place. The fetters of tradition are being melted off from humanity, and as the impurities of materialism are being consumed, thought is being liberated and truth is rising full robed before an astonished multitude.
5. The whole world is on the eve of a new consciousness, a new power, and a new realization within the self.
6. Physical Science has resolved matter into molecules, molecules into atoms, atoms into energy, and it has remained for Mr. J. A. Fleming, in an address before the Royal Institution, to resolve this energy into mind. He says, "In its ultimate essence, energy may be incomprehensible by us except as an exhibition of the direct operation of that which we call Mind or Will."
7. And this mind is the indwelling and ultimate. It is imminent in matter as in spirit. It is the sustaining, energizing, all pervading Spirit of the universe.
8. Every living thing must be sustained by this omnipotent Intelligence, and we find the difference in individual lives to be largely measured by the degree of this intelligence, which they manifest. It is greater intelligence that places the animal in a higher scale of being than the plant, the human higher than the animal, and we find that this increased intelligence is again indicated by the power of the individual to control modes of action and thus to consciously adjust the self to the environment.
9. It is this adjustment that occupies the attention of the greatest minds, and this adjustment consists in nothing else than the recognition of an existing order in the universal mind, for it is well known that this mind will obey us precisely in proportion as we first obey it.
10. It is the recognition of Natural Laws that has enabled us to annihilate time and space, to soar in the air and to make iron float. And the greater the degree of intelligence, the greater will be our recognition of these Natural Laws, and the greater will be the power we can possess.
11. It is the recognition of the self as an individualization of this Universal Intelligence that enables the individual to control those forms of intelligence which have not yet reached this level of self-recognition; they do not know that this Universal Intelligence permeates all things ready to be called into action; they do not know that it is responsive to every demand, and they are therefore in bondage to the law of their own being.
12. Thought is creative, and the principle on which the law is based is sound and legitimate, and is inherent in the nature of things; but this creative power does not originate in the individual, but in the universal, which is the source and foundation of all energy and substance; the individual is simply the channel for the distribution of this energy.
13. The individual is simply the means by which the universal produces the various combinations which result in the formation of phenomena, which depends upon the Law Of Vibration, whereby various rates of rapidity of motion in the primary substance, form new substances only in certain exact numerical ratios.
14. Thought is the invisible link by which the individual comes into communication with the Universal, the finite with the Infinite, the seen with the Unseen. Thought is the magic by which the human is transformed into a being who thinks and knows and feels and acts.
15. As the proper apparatus has enabled the eye to discover worlds without number millions of miles away, so, with the proper understanding, human beings have been enabled to communicate with the Universal Mind, the source of all power.
16. The Understanding which is usually developed is about as valuable as a telephone box without wires or a central station, (or a VCR without a videotape); in fact, it is usually nothing more than a "belief", which means nothing at all. The savages of the Cannibal Islands believe something; but that proves nothing.
17. The only belief which is of any value to anyone is a belief that has been put to a test and demonstrated to be a fact; it is then no longer a belief, but has become a living Faith or Truth.
18. And this Truth has been put to the test by hundreds of thousands of people, and has been found to be the Truth exactly in proportion to the usefulness of the apparatus which they used.
19. A person would not expect to locate stars hundreds of millions of miles away without a sufficiently strong telescope, and for this reason Science is continually engaged in building larger and more powerful telescopes, and is continually rewarded by additional knowledge of the heavenly bodies.
20. So with understanding: Human Beings are continually making progress in the methods which we use to come into communication with the Universal Mind and its infinite possibilities.
21. The Universal Mind manifests itself in the objective, through the principle of attraction that each atom has for every other atom, in infinite degrees of intensity.
22. It is by this principle of combining and attracting that things are brought together. This principle is of universal application, and is the sole means whereby the purpose of existence is carried into effect.
23. The expression of growth is met in a most beautiful manner through the instrumentality of this Universal Principle.
24. In order to grow we must obtain what is essential for our growth, but as we are at all times a complete thought entity, this completeness makes it possible for us to receive only as we give; growth is therefore conditioned on reciprocal action, and we find that on the mental plane like attracts like, that mental vibrations respond only to the extent of their vibratory harmony.
25. It is clear, therefore, that thoughts of abundance will respond only to similar thoughts; the wealth of the individual is seen to be what he or she inherently is. Affluence within is found to be the secret of attraction for affluence without. The ability to produce is found to be the real source of wealth of the individual. It is for this reason that the person who has their heart in their work is certain to meet with unbounded success. The person will give and continually give; and the more that's given, the more that will be received.
26. What do the great financiers of Wall Street, the captains of industry, the statesmen, the great corporation attorneys, the inventors, the physicians, the authors -- what do each of these contribute to the sum of human happiness but the power of their thought?
27. Thought is the energy by which the Law Of Attraction is brought into operation, which eventually manifests in abundance.
28. The Universal Mind is static Mind, or Substance in equilibrium. It is differentiated into form by our power to think. Thought is the dynamic phase of mind.
29. Power depends upon consciousness of power; unless we use it, we shall lose it; and unless we are conscious of it, we cannot use it.
30. The use of this power depends upon attention; the degree of attention determines our capacity for the acquirement of knowledge, which is another name for power.
31. Attention has been held to be the distinguishing mark of genius. The cultivation of attention depends upon practice.
32. The incentive of attention is interest. The greater the interest, the greater the attention. The greater the attention, the greater the interest, action and reaction. Begin by paying attention; before long attention will have aroused interest; this interest will attract more attention, and this attention will produce more interest, and so on. This practice will enable the practitioner to cultivate the power of attention.
33. This week concentrate upon personal power to create. Seek insight and perception. Find a logical basis for the faith which is in the self. Let the thought dwell on the fact that the physical being lives and moves and has being in the sustainer of all organic life air, that the being must breathe to live. Then let the thought rest on the fact that the spiritual person also lives and moves and has being in a similar but subtler energy upon which the being must depend for life. Know that as in the physical world no life assumes form until after a seed is sown, and no higher fruit than that of the parent stock can be produced. So in the spiritual world no effect can be produced until the seed is sown and the fruit will depend upon the nature of the seed. The results secured depend upon our perception of law in the mighty domain of causation, the highest evolution of human consciousness.
"There is no thought in my mind but it quickly tends to convert itself into a power and organizes a huge instrumentality of means." - Emerson
171. How is the difference in individual lives measured?
By the degree of intelligence which they manifest.
172. What is the law by which the individual may control other forms of intelligence?
A recognition of the self as an individualization of the Universal Intelligence.
173. Where does the creative power originate?
In the Universal.
174. How does the Universal create form?
By means of the individual.
175. What is the connecting link between the individual and the Universal?
176. What is the principle by which the means of existence is carried into effect?
The Law Of Love.
177. How is this principle brought into expression?
By the Law Of Growth.
178. Upon what condition does the Law Of Growth depend?
Upon reciprocal action. The individual is complete at all times and this makes it possible to receive only as we give.
179. What is it that we give?
180. What do we receive?
Thought, which is substance in equilibrium and which is constantly being differentiated in form by what we think.
Summary of each of the 24 lessons
Impact Overview of The Master Key System
NOTE: The following links open IN a NEW browser window.
Thanks to Anthony Michalski, we AGAIN HAVE access to The Master Key System in a very affordable - EASY TO CARRY ALONG Book Format AND an instant download E-Book and WORKBOOK !!!!! -- When the brain grasps the AWESOME POWER of applying the information within this book and wookbook, there emerges eagerness to invest every spare moment consciously absorbing and applying the wisdom... Regular reading of this book IS the most powerful accurate "Captain Training System" available. -- The captain must KNOW the correct commands to give to the Crew... The Crew must be accurately trained to DO what the Captain commands.
Also available at the above link to Kallisti Publishing is "The Master Key Arcana" and "Mental Chemistry" by Charles F. Haanel along with others Sundry writings about The Master Key System; writings that influenced Haanel, such as Judge Thomas Troward and Henry Drummond; and the rare and never-before published "lost" parts of The Master Key System!
NOTE: Successful person KNOW the "secret" to having ANY Form Of Wealth, is the correct kind and quality of knowledge APPLIED Appropriately = Creation Power Wisdom.... Thus to make it fast and easy to access and acqure Creation Power Wisdom, the Primary Text Books for presenting Science of Success and Universal Laws within Paradise Dynamics, are provided as part of An Ever Better World Internet Academy...